Over a year without an update, but life kind of got in the way. In a nutshell…
- My landlords put the house up for sale in July 2021.
- My apartment was flooded during Hurricane Ida.
- I found a new apartment, and moved into a new place in October 2021.
- My cat Gateway was diagnosed with Stage 3 kidney disease in December.
- Gateway was put on sub-cutaneous IV fluids for his kidney disease in February. I now give him IV fluids 3x/week.
- My mom started having what turned out to be non-life threatening health issues in March, including severe pain in her one arm. She’s since been getting physical therapy and meds for the pain.
- I got my second COVID booster shot on May 11th. On May 22nd, I tested positive for COVID . Fortunately, aside from a slight fever, mild body aches and allergy-like symptoms, I was asymptomatic.
- My other cat, Luna, had to go to the emergency veterinary hospital at the end of July, and unfortunately needed to be put to sleep.
- Gateway had an ER visit last month, which turned out not to be life-threatening, but still a bit scary.
- An annual rent increase, plus trying to pay off the unexpected veterinary ER bills during the 6 month 0% interest period have really put a dent in my paychecks.
- I’ve discovered that I may have been living with undiagnosed ADHD all of my life, and have started the evaluation process.
So, it’s been a bit of a crazy year or more, and I’ve been feeling a bit overwhelmed. I haven’t had the mental energy to even log in to my website, much less post anything. So for those of you feeling too stressed, worried about finances and/or wiped out to do any adulting or “life stuff”, I hear you, and can totally relate. But now, hopefully, I’m back, and will be writing more often.